Steab

The idea of standardizing on an industrial scale, and using polymers, a number of articles that used to be produced in small quantities and in a variety of materials, was the brainchild of STEAB’s founder, Belisario Pini, who possess exceptional technical capability and insight. STEAB “Studio Tecnico E Applicazione Brevetti” (Technical Projects and Patents Application Company), began with small screws, washers and nuts, creating a range of alternative products to those on the market. Thus a “product demand” was created, the technical requirements having already been achieved. More items were produced and consideration given to adapting them to all possible applications, developing a line of original articles which were launched in different fields of application from those for which they were intended, STEAB’s products were therefore created to meet the required functions, the Company to provide the desired product. The History of STEAB starts from 1971, in Via Reginaldo Giuliani 102/r – Florence with the activity of molding Micro- Parts in Plastic. At the beginning of 1972 it produces the first components for Lighting Industry, at the same time 4 press-machines are purchased and a small equipment for the mould’s construction. 3 people as staff join the Owners (Mr. Pini and his wife). From 1972 to 1982, the Company’s plant is expanded buying new flats. The equipment in the workshop is improved and the press-machines in the productive dept. are 13. The staff increase to 13 people. In 1982, PEISA srl is formed wit the goal to provide the moulds for plastic materials to STEAB and other Customers. STEAB’s program achieves the quantity of 1000 Codes. In 1983, STEAB attend the International Exhibition INTEL in Milan in order to spread its range in export market, in the meantime the staff increases to 15 employes. In 1987, 5000 sqmt. ground located in Scopeti / Rufina is purchased to build up the new productive plant for Companies STEAB and PEISA.